- This event has passed.
Organizing Conversations and Authentic Narratives Education
April 24 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
MHV DSA’s fourth Wednesday member education session on organizing conversations and authentic narratives will be held at the Family Partnership Center in Poughkeepsie. That’s 29 N. Hamilton in the old Lourdes high school building. The session will begin at 6 PM downstairs in room L 24.
Here are some of the topics that will be covered to help us all be more effective organizers:
- What are some stories from my family of origin that explain who I am and why I care about organizing?
- Why you became an organizer?
- Times you were acted on by dominant power.
- The moment when you developed an interest in building power.
- Times when you successfully organized a victory big or little.
- Your life stories that relate to an organizing universal.